Have a Happy Earth Day! I hope each of you learns one new idea on going green that you can incorporate into your life. Every day should be Earth Day and we should use Earth Day to highlight what more we can do to make our planet and our lives better. As you travel through your day, think about each decision you make and try to make a greener choice.
1. Walk or bike instead of driving.
2. Take advantage of mass transportation.
3. Remember your reusable water bottle or travel coffee mug.
4. Switch out five of your most used light bulbs for a CFL, LED or ESL bulbs.
5. Hang your reusable bags on the doorknob, then remember the bags for all your shopping trips.
6. Refuse straws in restaurants and bring your own reusable straw like the Dharma Straw
7. If you do have to drive, bundle all your errands into one trip.
8. Slow down and do not speed.
9. Put flow restrictors on all your faucets.
10.Reduce your use of plastic packaging by buying in bulk and not buying single serve items.
11. Buy second-hand when you can.
12. Reuse what you already have.
12. Always, always, always recycle!
13. Pick up plastic trash that you find.
14. Use less plastic in every aspect of your life.
15. Buy local!
16. Buy organic.
17. Support your local restaurants that also buy local.
18. Start a garden.
19. Or, go to the your local farmers market.
20. Remember, we all share this planet. It is the only one we have, and if we destroy it, we destroy ourselves.